Sr. Director, Strategic Communication
Company: Schneider Electric
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posted: December 16, 2017
Reference ID: 003YUB
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
As the Senior Director of Strategic Communications for the global software organization at Schneider Electric, you will be partnering with executive management, sales and regional marketing to position Schneider Electric Software as a leader in the industrial software space. Developing and implementing and holistic and measurable communications plan that differentiates the company from its competitors and drives awareness and growth. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing and manage a team responsible for promoting and amplifying Schneider’s story internally and externally, including public relations, analyst relations, social media, customer reference program, competitive business intelligence, marketing effectiveness measurement and executive thought leadership. Working directly with senior executives and collaborate cross-functionally to develop a communications plan including executive and thought leadership to elevate our business profile.
· Develop, direct and implement a strategic communications plan to position Schneider Electric Software as a leader in providing industrial and infrastructure solutions and services, enabling companies and organizations to successfully manage their digital transformation journey.
· Provide direct counsel to the leadership team on communications strategies to accelerate business outcomes and manage reputation. (ex: crisis comms).
· Create a stronger connection to our influencers, press, customers and employees by connecting them to value of our Industrial Software Platform amplifying our unique positioning and value add we provide to customers.
· Ensure global brand alignment and message consistency.
· Accelerate our social media participation and presence by driving authentic, meaningful conversations and thought leadership positions relevant to our customers and partners.
· Build a customer success story and reference program from story pipeline, development, approval and amplification across all channels.
· Measure results through sentiment/perception audits, message testing, share of voice, and reputation to align to buyers’ journey and business objectives.
This job might be for you if:
• Senior level communications leader who thrives on taking the complex and making it meaningful, understandable, compelling, and personal. You enjoy taking a rich, complex message and boiling it down to its essence.
• Strategic advisor working directly with senior executives, a strong collaborator, and have the ability to partner across a mix of constituents and organizations.
• Demonstrated success in developing, refining and promoting a message and building relationships with key press and influencers.
• Outcomes- and data-focused with the ability to leverage data to create strategic, targeted and compelling approaches to marketing and communications that deliver results.
• Strong understanding of the Software Business portfolio, with focus on cloud/SaaS offerings and digital business models.
• Ability to work cross-functionally, cross-business to drive consistent approaches with digital commercialization.
• An understanding of digital marketing approaches, digital buyer journey.
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
Work Experience and Education:
• 15 years of professional experience that includes a blend of external and internal communications and marketing.
• Experience in the industrial manufacturing domain.
• BS Degree, MBA preferred.
• Experience in Thought leadership and narrative development, AR, PR, communications strategies, success story management and social media.
Location: United States
Start Date: January 2018
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer