McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This Senior Finance Director - Strategic Finance role has been designed to fill a critical need in the business for providing strategic financial and analytical support to our executives, Finance department, and business partners. This position will be located in Richmond, VA.
Measuring investment decisions, leading our long range plan, and critically analyzing special projects and initiatives are the main focus of this role. This individual will also be responsible for the development of executive presentations and quarterly business reviews for our leadership team and corporate office. This individual will be expected to consolidate data, provide new and relevant analytics and create financial modeling and business support for other ad-hoc financial analysis/projects as they are needed.
Position Description/General Job Family Information
Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of the budget. Manages the activities of the financial analyst staff. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control. Monitors division and department adherence to approved budget.
- Lead our Long Range Plan exercise, which includes partnering with other financial professionals, executives, and business partners. Collaborate with our Strategy department to connect market data and internal forecasts to fully analyze and project the health of our business. Incorporate current trends as well as incremental investments to build income statement and cash flow projections for three years.
- Own the development of executive presentations as well as quarterly business reviews. Compile data from a variety of different business functions (e.g. HR, Ops, Sales, and Category Management). In addition to compiling the data, this individual will be expected to provide new and relevant analytics and spot trends and help drive business performance.
- Lead our investment analysis efforts, including maintaining complex financial ROI models to provide objective analysis for decision making on expense or capital investments. Standardize formats and decision criteria across different departments and be the central repository for understanding costs and benefits for business initiatives across different groups. Examples may include the evaluation of new Distribution Centers, large customer deals, inventory buy ins and incremental people or team investments.
- Collaborate with business partners in Operations and other areas to develop financial models that evaluate the various costs to serve by segment. Estimate the proper allocation of variable and fixed costs so that product and customer profitability is better understood to drive improved financial results.
- Partner with our Strategy team to be the main Finance point of contact for strategic investment decision making including M&A and other special projects. Partner with that group to critical analyze the business performance of our major strategic initiatives.ska
- Support monthly analytics, the monthly forecasting process, the annual plan process where needed.
Lead our Strategic Finance team which primarily includes owning investment decision making, but is also responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of the long range strategic plan and quarterly executive presentations. Manages the activities of his/her financial analyst staff. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control. Monitors division and department adherence to approved plans.
- 8+ years finance or accounting experience including 5+ years managerial experience
Additional Knowledge & Preferred Skills
- Advanced financial modeling experience and understanding of financial trade-offs
- Demonstrated track record of career growth
- Experience identifying financial trends and strategy
- Experience collaborating across multiple functions and with executives
- Project management and process improvement experience
- Prior Hyperion Essbase or other multi-dimensional database experiences a plus.
MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Ability to operate a laptop
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.