Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
SVP, Team Leader, Underwriter & Portfolio Manager – Technology, Media & Telecom Cash Flow
Capital One is a Top 10 U.S. Bank that services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Capital One’s Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) business provides financing for corporate growth, mergers and acquisitions, balance sheet refinancings and recapitalizations to companies across the TMT sectors, including: application and infrastructure software, financial technology, cable, radio and television broadcasting, business information services and data analytics, educational media and services, entertainment media and communications infrastructure. The TMT business also provides a full range of other services including loan syndication, treasury management, capital market products, and institutional asset management.
The Team Leader will manage Telecom, Media and Technology (TMT) underwriting and/or portfolio management professionals and lead cross functional deal teams from a credit perspective. This professional will support Originators by screening deals, structuring loans, underwriting and closing new structured transactions and oversee the portfolio management of existing borrower relationships. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert in credit skills sets, credit products or industries; and coach and develop junior underwriting professionals.
- Leads and manages a team of credit professionals with varying experience in the underwriting and approval of structured loan transactions.
- Ensures appropriate deal staffing and manages resources. Manages a team of risk professionals, providing ongoing coaching, feedback and career guidance.
- Prepares and delivers formal performance evaluations throughout the year.
- Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Oversees the management of existing portfolio accounts, performs rigorous analysis of transactions, and resolves problem accounts in partnership with deal teams, workout and specialists.
- Identifies opportunities to up tier accounts to Agencies.
- Prepares risk assessments on new deals and portfolio accounts and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate risks.
- Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals; specifically, cash flow lending experience.
- TMT Finance experience
- Collaboration skills: Works effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfilling obligations. Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively.
- Able to manage self and time to meet commitments.
- Regulatory experience: Recent experience in a regulated bank type environment.
- Leadership: Authentic, reliable and responsible.
- Coaches and inspires at all levels. Permits and promotes growth of team.
- Displays passion that excites others to exceptional performance.
- Agile: Not afraid to neither change course nor lead in uncertainty.
- Resilient and accountable; overcomes adversity by owning up to mistakes.
- Well-developed communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information.
- Financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to management and peers.
- Negotiating legal documentation.
- Working effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of finance experience or 10 years of accounting experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- At least 10 years of underwriting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.