Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity . Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
Visa is currently looking to attract a talented professional to join our Global Internal Audit team as a Senior Director, Technology Audit .
Participate in leading the execution of major segments of the Visa Inc. audit plan, as approved by the Audit & Risk Committee of the Board of Directors. Lead the design and execution of key areas of each audit engagement. Coach junior members of the team where appropriate. Serve as a key contact with client management, explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results to all levels of management. Stay abreast of company business strategies, IT industry technology advances, and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
• Responsible for assisting the VP - Technology Audit, the CAE, and other Audit Leaders in the execution of major segments of the Visa Inc. audit plan, as approved by the Audit & Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Manages a team of audit professionals, providing direction and ensuring accomplishment of department goals. Provides ongoing coaching to Audit professionals of various levels and experience, including consultants. Prepares and delivers end-of-job performance evaluations for in-charges, and approve evaluations for all assigned auditors.
• Assists the VP - Technology Audit and Audit Leadership Team with hiring and personnel decision for assigned team.
• Assists VP - Technology Audit and CAE in ongoing risk assessment, development of audit plan, executive, regulator, and Audit & Risk Committee reporting.
• Ensures each audit has sufficient and skilled resources, an appropriate scope, and is effectively supervised; makes decisions on issue significance and evaluative ratings.
• Is considered an authoritative expert in technology audits, and in the professional practice of internal auditing, stays current on industry, accounting, and regulatory issues and best practices for assigned areas; imparts this knowledge to team and clients.
• Develops constructive professional relationships with a wide range of Technology leaders.
• Represents Internal Audit at stakeholder meetings as required, and offers control advisory services to management in a manner that does not compromise the independence and objectivity of Internal Audit.
• Makes presentations to executives on audit plans and audit issues in order to encourage proactive improvement in the control environment, as required.
• Provides thought leadership and creativity in the approach and delivery of audit services and evaluation of the overall control environment.
• Is viewed as a value-adding business partner by Visa executives.
• For each audit engagement, provide overall support and leadership to ensure quality of Audit services provided. Specifically:
o Provide direction to in-charge auditors to ensure that audits are planned and executed in accordance with department and professional standards. This includes assisting in the design of and approval of the audit scope, work program, and testing plan for each audit assignment.
o Ensure audit work-papers are properly reviewed by the assigned in-charge, and provide second level review of work-papers as needed.
o Review draft audit findings, and ensure issues are appropriately vetted and constructed given the circumstances and facts.
o Provide reports to client managers on the effectiveness of their business unit's internal control structure, along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of a control or process.
o Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action (to be) taken on all significant weaknesses noted in the reports; advise management on optimal actions.
• Maintain constructive business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives.
• Promote thought leadership for new ideas and new ways of executing projects and infrastructure enhancements to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of internal audit services.
• Participate in activities related to systems development, new products, mergers and acquisitions, and analyze new policies to ensure that control considerations are evaluated in the early stages of the project.
• Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
• Provide insight on the state of the control environment and best practices to executive management of assigned areas.
• Coordinate with other risk management functions and Independent Public Accountants to minimize duplication of effort and to ensure that issues raised as a result of their reviews are appropriately addressed.
• Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management information systems, or related field.
• 10 - 12+ years of IT internal audit experience, preferably in a global, public company, or professional services assurance experience.
• CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA, or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
• Demonstrated experience managing and overseeing multiple audits and teams within a complex operational and regulatory environment that includes mainframe, distributed and network platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute IT audits focusing on General Computer Controls, including Information Security, Information System Operations, Vendor Management, Business Continuity, Networks, Database, System Software, Hardware, and Application Development controls.
• Extensive information security and network control audit knowledge would be highly regarded.
• Experience with data analytics and Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs).
• Excellent supervisory and time management skills; extensive experience in managing a staff of diverse professionals.
• Extensive experience evaluating risks and system controls associated with complex business applications and processes.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10% - 25%.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate risk to all levels of executive management and achieve buy-in on need for risk mitigation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.