Oracle is looking for a Sr. Director of UX Design Operations
to join the Oracle UX Design, PaaS and IaaS organization. This centralized design team is a strategic development partner to the product organization and is responsible for all aspects and stages of defining and delivering the product experience.
The person in this role will be responsible for managing and growing an efficient and accountable business operation across the design organization. You will lead the Program Management team, define everyday processes for the design program, develop operational processes, and guide the strategic growth of the team, all while developing a fun, creative and highly effective design culture.
- Resource Management - Plan the use of human resources. Guide, mentor and support Program Managers to monitor and evaluate resources and performance. Monitor recruitment, on-boarding and retention of design personnel.
- Organization Operations - Formulate, improve and implement processes and policies in support of design operations, collaboration with product development, business operations, and organizational goals.
- Financial Planning - Gather, plan, manage and report the financial needs and budget planning for the organization - including travel, contractors, equipment, materials, salary, and events.
- Facilitate Communication & Collaboration - Work directly with HR, Finance, Marketing, and IT to plan, manage and monitor the operations, performance and communications of the design organization.
- Strategic Operations - Liaison with Design Leads and Business Executives. Drive the development, communication and implementation of strategic operational plans for the organization.
Preferred Qualifications and Capabilities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant, practical experience
- Exceptional verbal and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience with program management, leading cross-functional and global teams to deliver on milestones.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with UX Design/ Product/ Engineering teams.
- Experience working across multiple functions - including Product, Engineering, Communications, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Legal, HR & IT.
- Knowledge in organizational effectiveness, operations management and financial planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strategic relationships, effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Passion and commitment to deliver design excellence, and a keen sense of how to get it done.
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a Senior Director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to current and future design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision improvements to the architecture.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.