Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Perfect opportunity for a goal-driven professional looking for a company that provides the ability to grow their career. You will be provided an extensive training and mentor program to give you the groundwork to be a successful Senior manager at WM. I. Job Summary
As a Sr. District Fleet Manager, you will directly manage 4 District Fleet Managers who are responsible for full fleet of primary and secondary equipment of approximately 300 assets including CNG trucks, in alignment with corporate objectives. Your area in Michigan consists of Whitmore Lake, Romulus, Pontiac, Southfield, and Port Huron. You will choose the location of your main office from these locations.
This position requires an effective leader who can train, motivate, and coach their team to meet or exceed the company goals. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. Below are some of the duties:
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management's safety standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner. Any other duties necessary to make your shop, employees and WM successful, ethical, and safe.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
Direct supervision of 4 full-time employees. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Direct management of 5 or more diesel technicians
- Mechanical experience or knowledge including hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics. 4 or more years in a role developing a team and managing multiple locations.
- Fleet maintenance management experience in a metric driven environment
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Valid driver's license required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Preferred
Strong coaching skills Strategic thought process Good computer skills (MS Office Suite) Effective communication skills and ability to relate KPIs to workforce. Working knowledge of CNG engine systems Ability to lead, coach, and motivate your team V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply." Text "WASTE" to 51893 to join our team (or learn more). *MSJA*
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.