Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr.Associate, Commercial Accounting
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Commercial Bank Accounting team as a Senior Associate. This role will have the opportunity to engage with groups across the organization as part of key business projects and initiatives. The team member would be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast paced time sensitive environment. Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills are essential to success. The individual is expected to articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights; develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior audiences. The Commercial Bank is a growing line of business with new products, system integrations and countless opportunities for knowledge growth.
- Perform month-end analytics and closing processes timely and accurately
- Prepare/or present monthly, quarterly and other ad hoc analytics for Accounting and Finance leadership
- Engage in and help lead projects and initiatives related to analytics enhancement, risk identification and control, and/or process improvement
- Coordinate / manage cross commercial accounting team deliverables and monitor / report on commercial bank accounting process health
- Manage relationships with Finance and key business partners, associates throughout the controller’s group, tax, and external and internal auditors
- Identify and drive process efficiencies
- Prepare/or review minimal monthly reconciliations.
· At least 2 years of Accounting experience or at least 2 years of Auditing experience or at least 2 years of Finance experience
· 2+ years of experience with Commercial Banking
· 2+ years of experience with multifamily/agency lending
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.