Job Location: Tampa, FL or Aurora, IL
With over 11,000 associates and a budget of $800M, Global Operations is uniquely positioned to help MetLife achieve its enterprise strategy. The Sr. Business Architect plays a key role within Global Operations by carrying out transformational change which creates a differentiated customer experience, simplifies and standardizes the way MetLife operates and generates over millions of dollars of efficiency savings. The Sr. Business Architect is responsible for managing and coordinating transformation work streams and more generally for supporting transformation teams on initiatives across Global Operations that incorporate proactive and innovative solutions to address business challenges and support Global Technology & Operations (GTO) vision of driving savings, leveraging scale and offering a differentiated customer experience.
- Key duties include but are not limited to: conducting operations assessments, identifying transformation opportunities, designing solutions, creating transformation roadmaps aligned to Target Operating Model, implementing target operating models, managing change, as well as gathering and analyzing data, developing models, supporting the monitoring and reporting of progress on projects, managing project risks and issues and tracking project deliverables and results
- Contributes to the identification of critical business issues, areas of improvement, and to the establishment transformation plans and teams.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates resource plans, and status reports
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to design future state business processes maps
- Develop business requirements documents and work with information on use case design
- Partner with operations teams to develop test strategy, test scenarios and manage user acceptance testing
- Actively participates in and take ownership of deliverables related to the operations assessments, the identification of transformation opportunities, and the design and implementation of target operating models that improve operations efficiency and effectiveness through process reengineering, technology and continuous improvements
- Will have some interaction and communication with senior stakeholders, with primary focus on local stakeholders and subject matter experts in group technology and group operations as well a liaising with vendors
- Ensures appropriate governance and monitors transformation project progress, budgets, risks and issues to ensure timelines and deliverables are met and manages communication
- Supporting the high-value, strategic transformation initiatives including cost benefit analysis
- Actively participates in the development and deployment of Process Excellence practices, tools and frameworks; enforces Process Excellence standards within the transformation programs and projects
- May mentor internal and/or external team members
- Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent)
- 7+ years professional experience, preferably within insurance, financial services or management consulting industries
- 4+ years of experience with process mapping, process design, and process re-engineering
- 5+ years of experience conducting operations assessments, identifying transformation opportunities, designing solutions, creating transformation roadmaps, implementing target operating models, managing change, as well as gathering and analyzing data, developing models, supporting the monitoring and reporting of progress on projects, managing project risks and issues and tracking project deliverables and results
- 5+ years of experience with business management tools including: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Access and SharePoint
- Prefer: PMP and/or Prince2 certification, with experience in knowledge management practices; Six Sigma Black Belt certification, 4+ years of product knowledge and expertise across insurance value chain and/or global experience
Global Technology & Operations – Solution Delivery Process Improvement
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 58641