Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Provide exceptional support for front-line team members and sellers by probing to uncover support needs, identifying solutions to meet need, following up on open issues, and seeking ways to add value while creating a remarkable experience for both internal/external customers.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making success
- Highly effective communication skills - both verbal and written
- Proficient with Grainger Contact Center systems and processes
- Able to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Track record of informal leadership among peers
- Ability to coach and develop in the moment and during scheduled meetings
- Highly agile and able to improvise within defined guidelines
- Able to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to facilitate escalated customer situations to resolution
- Minimum 1 years' experience or demonstrated success in customer service with a preference for contact center environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent with preference for post-secondary
- Self-starter/motivator that demonstrates strong work ethic
- Proven experience working within a virtual/remote capacity
- Proficient typing and data entry skills
- Experience in relevant computer applications and contact center systems
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and background in enterprise systems (i.e.: SAP, Oracle, Salesforce.com, SharePoint etc.)
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours (weekends, holidays, split shifts, overtime). Standard 10 minute breaks at mid-morning and mid-afternoon, along with a 30 minute lunch.
- Ability to work within a virtual work environment w/peers and leadership team
- Minimal travel expectations.
- Operate in a complex environment while maintaining high quality output and maximizing accuracy.
- This job requires you to sit at a desk 4 to 10 hours a day, taking incoming calls and/or chats, and managing off phone work.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.