Technical leader for the process development and first commercialization of global high and low acid beverages technologies using aseptic processing technologies. Focus is on applying aseptic processing to dairy and non-dairy beverages for the North American and EU markets. Additionally the position consults with the global R&D and SC teams to provide rigorous review of new and existing aseptic processes to drive quality improvements, innovation and productivity. Process Development Leader
- Lead, identify, select, develop, test, establish, validate & manage the robust process systems and first commercialization of global nutrition initiatives of low and high acid aseptic beverages from bench to pilot and commercial scale.
- Working with and supporting; Food Safety, PepsiCo process authority and other team members - ensure all components & systems (product, process, package and work processes) are capable of producing & sustaining the safe & robust production & distribution of low and high acid beverages.
- Develop strategy and lead internal and external resources to deliver robust processes consistent with business needs (timing, product types, resources, etc.). May supervise employees and will mentor junior engineers.
- Completely document your work to enable effective hand-off to regional R&D teams starting with second production location.
- Develop strategy and lead with internal and external partners collaboration to improve the robustness of our work and to reduce the; risk, cost and time for PepsiCo:
- Support and shape the PepsiCo Strategic Plan (PSP) and Strategic Capability Plan (SCP). Identify opportunities for strategic investments in low and high acid beverage; R&D development processes, people, pilot plant capabilities, partners and technologies to deliver the PSP and SCP.
- Identify, develop and deliver training for Engineers and Scientists to insure the success of the project and the long term strategic direction for nutrition beverages. Lead development of courses for R&D University in collaboration with other R&D colleges.
- Lead process development and first commercialization worldwide of existing, modified and new process technologies for low and high acid aseptic manufacturing platforms with a focus on North American and European markets plus worldwide consulting.
- Proactively identify skill and capability gaps in the project team and R&D. Develop, sell in and execute steps to address including; Coaching, Developing R&D University courses, developing a deep bench of external experts, Etc.
- Design & execute DOE to screen, model, verify and ensure statistical capability and robustness of pilot and commercial process technologies.
- In collaboration with discover and applications teams stay abreast of technologies being developed, competitor's use of technologies and support development of process technologies to provide competitive advantage.
- Develop & strengthen network among internal Process Authority and Food Safety team plus external low and high acid aseptic experts, lead vendors & Strategic Partners to deliver robust and safe processes.
- Master's or PhD in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Food, etc.) or Food Technology.
- Minimum ten years aseptic process development experience with major Food & Beverage or Pharmaceutical companies (or their suppliers).
- Formal training and commercial accomplishments in aseptic process design.
- Ability to assess and communicate to senior leadership risks and create development plans to mitigate.
- Innovative, analytical & forward thinking.
- Ability to travel within local region and internationally estimated 25%.
- Ability to work in lab, pilot plant and commercial plant environments.
- Barrington, IL or
- Valhalla, NY
Eligible for Limited Relocation