We are developing a state-of-the-art digital lithography tool that will revolutionize the display industry. We are seeking an experienced EDA engineer to help us with tools and flow development. This role will develop design flows and methodologies for preparing design layout, usually in the GDS format, on the Linux platform. The successful applicant will understand the design hierarchy structures, and the impact resulted from geometrical operations. Works are primary conducted by using third-party point tools, and developing internal tools and capabilities in C. Responsibilities
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Analyze and define methodologies/flows in converting design layout to a preferred format
- Evaluate third party tools against customer and internal requirements
- Development of C/TCL programming to analyze the design layout
- Manage computational complexity for optimum performance
- Development of documentation for handling layout conversion tasks
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years in software development
- 3 years in the development of EDA tools
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with geometrical and logic operations
- Familiarity with custom layout and layout verification
- Excellent working knowledge of programming in C, and TCL.
- Knowledge of Web development (HTML, Java programming) is a plus.
- Experience in designing data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to write software specifications and to document production software
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.