Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Baxter has long been on the forefront of developing innovative solutions for patients with kidney disease. This job offers a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute in the design, development and life cycle management of Baxter's home dialysis systems.
You will be responsible for developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing home dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid "hands-on" technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the definition of product /design requirements, electronic system architecture development, design and implementation of electronic circuits, test of circuits and systems and the documentation and release of designs.
- Ensures successful integration of electrical design entities with mechanical and consumable components.
- Contributes to troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to electrical aspects of the design and interfaces with other design constituents.
- Able to effectively transition products to manufacturing and ensure robust products and manufacturing processes.
- Improves electrical designs that are optimized for production, reliability, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Performs in-depth electrical engineering analysis and calculations.
- Responsible for integration of deliverables from sub-system design teams and external partners.
- Resolves competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to deliver the product to market.
- Defines protocols and conduct the necessary testing required to validate the safety and effectiveness of the design(s).
- A BS in Electrical Engineering and 3 years related experience or an MS with 0-2 years related experience. Prior experience in kidney dialysis a plus.
- A demonstrated track record in electromechanical hardware development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated products such as military hardware.
- A proven track record of effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience using CAD systems for printed circuit board design (e.g. OrCAD, PADS, Designer) and data acquisition software (LabVIEW)
#LI-AS1Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.