Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
1) Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
2) Analog design A/D, D/A with some digital design but not necessarily writing VHDL or Verilog. Interface design SPI, I2C, RS-422/485, RS-232, UART, Ethernet, USB.
3) Lead small project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives.
4) Monitor and report project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimate cost affected by design and/or policy changes. With supervisor, recommend capital expenditure and production methods for existing or enhanced products or processes.
5) Study and recommend techniques to improve existing products/processes. Execute engineering changes as needed to support internal and external processes.
6) Investigate new sources for raw materials and components or processes.
7) With supervisor, formulate and recommend engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project and business objectives.
8) Provide supervision to technicians.
1) Prefer experience in regulated quality systems
2) Display a solid technical understanding of engineering principles and procedures (e.g. CPU and memory experience, CAD and its application or scheduling a series of technical tasks utilizing software-based tools. Exposure to RF/Radio/communications (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc) EMC, power supplies/safety. Knowledge of programming in machine, assembly and compiler and some PCB layout.
3) Understand and articulate how own role ties within function or discipline
4) Demonstration application of engineering principles on individual/small projects
BS engineering and 3 years related experience or MS Engineer and 0-2 years of related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.