Johnson & Johnson Vision, part of the Johnson &
Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior
Electrical Engineer- Advanced Engineering, located in Milpitas, California.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring
sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft
contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their
world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into
cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and
now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its
eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the
uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal
The Senior Electrical Engineer- Advanced Engineering applies
scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to
complete assignments related to a specific technical field or discipline.
Independent plans and conducts small-to medium- size assigned projects within
engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations,
and/or equipment. Design and leads
complex experiments, often with multiple variables, gathers data, and performs
- Produces unique and cost-effective results. Establishes
alternate use possibilities and incorporates flexibility; balances system costs
with benefits provided.
- Oversees design work of internal and external
consultants, e.g. integrates complex manufacturing processes and defines
product flow within regulatory constraints.
- May provides mentoring in technical and organizational
areas within multiples work groups; monitors the improvement of other
engineer(s), e.g. delegates challenging tasks to other to help them develop;
provides constructive and timely feedback.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or
Laser/Optical Engineering (or closely related discipline) is preferred.
- 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational
- A post-graduate education/degree is designed, and may
contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Electrical/Systems engineering experience.
- Manufacturing process development experience (medical
- Design for manufacturability (equipment)
- Electronic system design (R&D or On-Market
- PCBA modeling tools experience & fixture design
- Design control; Verification & Validation; Design
- Software/systems integration experience a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory agency testing requirements a
- LabView, PLC coding, or microcontroller experience
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of
concepts, practices, and procedures. Has a technical background in health care,
nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceutical,
or similar industries (preferred).
Abbott Medical Optics, Inc. (6233)Job Function