This is Midnight Shift Position (8 hours/shift) working a Tues-Sat schedule or Sun-Thurs schedule POSITION OVERVIEW
Perform electrical repairs and preventative maintenance on site equipment and electrical systems. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
- Locate and repair electrical failures and malfunctions on equipment such as heaters, elements, fuses, lights, contacts, etc.
- Repair and install electrical systems and equipment such as motors, transformers, wiring, alarm systems, automatic control systems, etc., and rebuilds motors including bearings and armatures.
- Must be able to understand and apply schematics and electrical blueprints in the troubleshooting of electrical systems, programmable controllers and associated systems.
- Assist in the training of less experienced electrical personnel.
- Perform all new electrical installations working from schematics and/or blueprints.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic Qualifications
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Manufacturing Environment doing electrical work.
- 4-6 years' experience in a Manufacturing Environment doing electrical work.
- Must have complete knowledge of distribution system such as location of substations, sub-feeders, and areas served by these substations and apply such knowledge in making repairs.
- Perform all of the duties of an "A" Electrician when necessary.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code book.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Must properly complete and abide to all safety procedures and training classes provided as standard to all Maintenance colleagues within the department.
- Requires lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis (up to 33% of an 8 hour day) from waist to knuckle level.
- Requires lifting of up to 70 lbs, on an occasional basis (up to 33% of an 8 hour day) from floor to waist height.
- Any weights over 70 lbs. require the use of assistive devices and/second person assist.
- Equipment used includes: Megger, Conduit Bender, Computers, Hand Type Ammeters, Simpson VOM Recording, Ammeters, Small Hand Tools and Voltmeters
- This job requires the use of a face piece to face respirator and therefore, you must be clean shaven in the areas where the face piece meets the face.