TITLE: SENIOR ELECTRO-OPTICAL DEVICE ENGINEER
Microsoft HoloLens Team is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices. We are currently seeking an experienced and seasoned diode laser and device packaging expert to develop next generation display systems for the HoloLens Mixed Reality devices. The Electro-Optical Engineer will need to have multiple years of commercial diode laser device development and qualification experience and will be working with internal and external teams on the specification, development, qualification, and integration of optical sources used for Near Eye Display systems.
The Senior Device Engineer will be an external-facing engineer with the responsibility of managing the development of visible light (red, green and blue) laser devices with multiple vendors.
To be successful in this role the person must have extensive engineering experience with a deep understanding of the design and qualification process. The Senior Device Engineer will also be responsible for the vendor management, technical selection, supply chain management, contract and Statement of Work development, and technical evaluation of the red, green and blue optical sources. The Electro-Optical Device Modeling Engineer will work closely with key vendors and OEM’s to bring the system and components through prototype and into production systems.
An ideal candidate would also have experience in laser integration into packages and systems, and would have experience optical, mechanical or electrical design, and has experience in bringing devices and systems to market through 2 complete build cycles. Experience in consumer electronics development is highly valued.
• MS or PhD in Optics, Physics, or Electrical
• 1+ years of research or 1+ industry experience in diode laser diode and laser module design, fabrication
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - cross-group and cross-group collaboration, and program management skills.
• Experience managing external engineering development programs for high-volume manufacturing.
• Extensive experience in diode laser diode and laser module design, fabrication and characterization.
• Experience in laser device and laser system qualification and reliability testing.
• Proven track record of electrical and optical device test, measurement, specification and characterization with laser diode sources.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - experience with managing external teams for product development.
• Experience in using electrical test equipment (i.e. high-speed oscilloscopes, network analyzers, etc) for the test and evaluation of high speed electrical components.
• Understanding of time and frequency domain characterization techniques for electro-optical devices.
• Experience in analyzing optical systems, including laser devices and micro-optics.
• Experience performing mathematical analysis and simulations to correlate device models with experimental data.
• Experience using lab and data acquisition software.
• Experience using statistical and analysis software for evaluating process variability.
• Mechanical design experience (SolidWorks, ProE) and optical design experience (Zemax) a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.