At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sr. Electromagnetic (EMC) Test Engineer for the Software, Electrical, & Mechanical Systems Division of the Corporate Research Labs located in St Paul, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Sr. EMC Test Engineer will primarily be responsible for assisting in identifying, developing, and coordinating regulatory compliance activities of electronic hard good products per direction from the laboratory lead. The EMC Engineer will also have the experience and knowledge to provide product analysis and solutions to guide design teams as successful EMC resolution.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing EMC test plans and compliance strategies for internal 3M clients and design teams.
- Coordination of laboratory accreditations and related quality system information.
- Provide support and guidance on all laboratory technical operations.
- Writing internal test procedures.
- Compiling, writing and receiving EMC test reports.
- Coordination of EMC equipment calibration program.
- Conducting EMC testing, troubleshooting and mitigation.
- Maintaining laboratory area, equipment, documentation, and work flow.
- Other duties as assigned by laboratory lead.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Test laboratory experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Electronics from an accredited university
- Experience with radio frequency technology and wireless testing
- Experience with US, Canadian and International electromagnetic compatibility standards
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve electrical/electromagnetic capability based issues
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Maplewood, MN Travel:
May include up to 10% domestic/international Relocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.