DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior E2E VS Planner will be responsible for the entire Manufacturing Planning & Control process for assigned Value Stream. This inclusive of support S&OP Process, creations of Master Schedule, Materials Requirement Planning (MRP), Capacity Planning & Production Sequencing. The Senior E2E Value Stream Planner will also be the value stream primary point-of-contact for operations and will ensure proactive communication to all relevant stakeholders.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepares schedules and ensures timely completion of work orders for manufacturing processes
Analyzes product demand, sales patterns/forecasts, production specifications and plant capacity data. Identifies raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production spec.
Monitors planning modules or production planning system and related information.
Monitors and identify opportunities for improving lead time improvement.
Establishes effective communication with various groups such as customers, sales offices, and/or plant production departments as required. Monitors work orders from start to ensure the on time delivery of products.
Reviews capacity loads and identifies possible manufacturing constraints. Monitors and anticipates production issues due to capacity and new product launches.
Ensures systems data integrity and accuracy of signals
Participates in new product launch meetings and assist in developing new product forecasts and production schedules.
Lead and identifies improvement opportunities for plant or manufacturing unit supply S&OPs as required.
Identify and drives opportunities to improve inventory investment through inventory entitlement model for applicable production line.
Drives Lean / Six Sigma Improvement Kaizens or Opportunities.
Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products.
Manages raw material inventory investment according to inventory entitlement models and drives improvement opportunities.
Prepares orders to vendors as directed for raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material needed for production.
Supports evaluation of potential suppliers.
Leads supplier or component S&OP as required.
Coordinates and follows up with production, warehouse, supply chain and others, as appropriate, to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services.
• 4 years related experience in supply chain or process excellence Required
• 4-year university bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• Able to execute in an ERP systems/concept required
• Data Mining/Reporting skills through MS-Excel (or equivalent) required
• Experience on Advance Planning systems (APS/APO/OMP) preferred
• Supply chain certification (APICS/ IBF) preferred
• Six Sigma and/or Lean certification preferred
• Experience with ERP & advanced planning systems preferred
• Planning, purchasing, or manufacturing experience in a medical, pharmaceutical or consumer industry preferred
• Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. GMP, ISO requirements) preferred
• Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
• Accuracy with attention to detail
• Proactive approach
• Persuading and influencing others
• Can drive continuous process improvements.
• Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Able to work with limited supervision
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
- Position requires 10% annual travel
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function