Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr End User Support Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
In this role, you will work closely with our end user support service leaders and ServiceDesk, vendor providing advice and guidance across the region to ensure compliance with issue resolution and support processes. You will be responsible for identifying improvements to end user experience and working with Digital Technology, GE business stake holders and support vendors to implement those improvements.
* Ensure a consistent, efficient and effective delivery of operational services, in line with GE Digital standards, in order to support the achievement of business objectives across all areas;
* Work with internal and external teams and customers to gather information and data for use in our centralized service management system;
* Leverage the service management system and data warehouse to monitor and analyze overall service performance;
* Work closely with process leaders to ensure data and information collected is complete and accurate;
* Support the end user support project work across the region. Ensure processes are identified and developed to accurately reflect the business goals and objectives.
* Act as the point of communication and information contact for service issues and ensuring effective and regular communications to key stakeholders and impacted end users.
* Partner with ServiceDesk, Client Engineering, Knowledge Governance and other Digital Technology teams on process and knowledge improvement projects to ensure L1/L2 support teams are prepared to support the new standards, tools and technologies and to minimize business disruption during deployment;
* Manage onboarding of new support agents and engineers including account and access requests and ongoing renewal and disabling of those accounts.
* Any other tasks commensurate with the level of the post as may from time to time be required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Software, or STEM Major (science, technology, engineering, math) from an accredited university or college or in lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant IT or military experience. ;
* Minimum 3 years of experience with information technology and operations management;
* Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual contributor;
* Ability to lead, mentor and train others;
* Demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and independently develop solutions;
* Proven ability to write clear, concise knowledge articles;
* Excellent communication skills, a team player, with ability to energize;
* Good organizational and time management skills;
* Strong business acumen in a technical environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience working in an industrial or technical environment;
* ServiceNow experience;
* ITIL Foundations certification;
* Able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences at all levels of the organization;
* Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.