**To be considered a preferred candidate, resume must include current or previous energy efficiency program management experience.**
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assist in the development, delivery, and management of energy efficiency programs as part of an ICC approved energy efficiency portfolio to ensure cost recovery and minimize performance risk. Manage the process of “ Request for Proposals” and awarding of contracts to subcontractors and vendors delivering energy efficiency programs to Exelon Utility customers. Coordinate with other Exelon departments providing program logistic support. Verify that products, services, and energy savings are delivered as required. Monitor, track, and provide necessary program performance data for measurement and verification purposes.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Participate in the development of energy efficiency programs including evaluation of energy efficiency measures, design of programs, outreach to stakeholders and the market place, and filing of requirements. 10%
- Manage the process of procuring services from subcontractors and vendors specializing in delivering energy efficiency programs to Exelon customers. This includes issuing RFPs, evaluating responses, identifying best offers, obtaining legal review, coordinating with Supply Services, and awarding contracts. 20%
- Provide ongoing oversight of providers. Develop performance metrics applicable to each individual energy efficiency program and in conformance with the overall portfolio. Conduct regular subcontractor and vendor meetings and obtain progress reports to ensure expectations. Track performance and provide feedback and corrective actions as necessary. 30%
- Manage all program communication and outreach needs. Work with Marketing to make certain that all messaging is accurate and consistent with the larger energy efficiency portfolio. Recruit market partners such as retailers, builders, energy raters and auditors, and other trade allies for market outreach. Maintain relationships with partners to maximize program performance. Conduct training as needed to expand the program delivery network. 20%
- Prepare program status reports to accurately monitor progress toward program performance and financial goals. Maintain and provide appropriate documentation to support regulatory compliance filings. Ensure that mechanisms exist for controlling programs progress toward goals: such mechanisms should manage the risk of either under-achieving or over-achieving goals, consistent with the portfolio plan. 10%
- Ensure that Accounts Payable
(invoice review, verification and check creation) and Accounts Receivable functions (audit billing) are managed according to applicable Corp. Policies and Procedures and comply with appropriate accounting and Sarbanes Oxley rules. 10%
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering and a minimum of 5– 8 years of energy conservation / energy efficiency work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work within established budgets and deliver promised results.
- Thorough understanding of utility cost recovery mechanisms.
- Ability to communicate with and coordinate with a wide variety of professionals ranging from engineers to vendors, to subcontractors.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering
- Experience developing and delivering utility energy efficiency programs to specific sector. Program and contract management experience are preferred.
Qualifications- Assist in planning, and subsequently implement and manage energy efficiency programs as part of a portfolio approved by the Illinois Commerce Commission
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.