This position is for an accomplish Mechanical engineer in a production support setting with specific applications and customer requirements. The production support is a highly energetic environment. The applications are a high mix of aerospace products, ranging from computer controlled fuel sensing systems, electronic braking systems, actuation/controller systems and HUMS. The candidate will evaluate a design or system during troubleshooting and determine a design solution. This position requires excellent organization, leadership, communication, and engineering design skills.
Typical responsibilities include troubleshooting, analysis, implementation of design improvements, and crafting change orders.
- Candidate will coordinate Production Support and NPI programs.
- Work with internal customers to define production issue
- Work with Technical Lead to understand customer and contractual requirements.
- Review electronic unit under test against drawing specifications and determine if components meet requirements
- Lead qualification tests, analyze results and write reports
- Work with internal customers to satisfy procurement activities
- Support and resolve field issues
- Improve the robustness of our designs through our change order process
- Minimum 6 years of work experience, with strong hands-on experience in design or manufacturing support roles.
- Excellent communication and team skills required.
- Ability to organize tasks, keep multiple tasks moving, and not bothered if business direction rearranges a priority.
- Ability to work productively within a team environment.
- Have a high energy and passion for problem solving.
BS Degree in Engineering with 6-10+ years experience in Aerospace industry or
MS Degree in Engineering with 4-7+ years experience in Aerospace industry
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems