At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for providing overall technical direction for wind and solar. Determines locations for wind turbines, solar arrays, electrical collections systems, inverters, substations, site access roads and turbine roads. Establishes appropriate constraints and setbacks for the wind and solar plants. Supports Business Development due diligence activities by providing engineering reviews of developers plant design. � Creates and edits CAD drawings and maps. Reconciles exisitng as-built designs with final ALTA surveys. Researches and implements best practices related to wind and solar plant design. Disciplines include: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Resource Assessment, and Applied Sciences. ���
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs.
- Function as the wind and solar technical professional for wind and solar plant design.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation to the Business Development team for due diligence support by performing engineering reviews and/or improvements of developers plant design.
- Perform Design Engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles, such as; Prepares, reviews, and approves design drawings��
- Approves plant designs that impact long-term plant production, operations and maintenance costs.
- Determines constraints and setbacks for wind and solar plants. �
- Prepare maps, models, reviews, reconciles, and QA/QCs ALTA surveys
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS Degree in engineering with 6+ years professional experience
- Knowledge of applicable discipline codes and standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent CAD Skills
- Experience designing renewable energy projects
- Experience designing roads and/or collection systems
- MS or MBA
- Geographic Information Systems Experience
- Resource Assessment Experience
- Experience with site visits to prospective and existing wind and solar plants
- Proven experience in providing due diligence support for acquisition projects
- Position is an individual contributor
- Responsible for managing budgets for third-party plant designs. �
- Contributing team member in a matrix organization to the Exelon Wind & Solar team in Des Moines, IA, Business Development team in Chicago, IL, Engineering team in Kennett Square, PA� and FP&A team in Baltimore, MD.
- Travel of up to 25% will be required.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.