GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Engineer - Customer Application Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Saratoga Springs, Oakbrook Terrace
Will lead the technical team to provide full "Engineer, Procure and Construct" estimates for conventional utility, industrial substations, and electrical Balance Of Plant (eBOP) equipment for power generation facility. Proposals include technical specifications, quantifying design and installation work scope definition, cost allocation, and estimation of engineering, installation and start-up based on customer specifications and/or industry standards, sourcing, and historical data.
As the Sr Engineer - Customer Application Engineering, you will:
* Perform basic studies necessary to verify proper specification and design of proposed solutions
* Provide technical support to create subcontractors and power equipment bid packages
* Augment the commercial team for customer presentations of technical capabilities and proposals
* Champion programs that make the electrical engineering team more efficient and cost effective
* Develop new engineering concepts and products based on feedback from market exposure
* Work with, leading where appropriate, multifunctional engineering teams in the development of conceptual solutions, technical work scope & specifications for project applications
* Support opportunity screening & orders closing strategy efforts
* Ensure compliance to customer regional and country technical specifications for proposal work scopes
* Provide risk analysis support
* Provide advice on in territory costs
* Work closely with the Product Line Leader and Engineering Leader
* Maintain a high level of technical competency in current technologies, product offerings & their applications
* Mentor other engineers
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum of 10 years design and construction experience in substation, transmission or power generation projects for the power generation / distribution / transmission industryELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT:
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% as required (may include international travel, and must comply with all relevant company travel and tax policies )
* Ability to work out of a GE Office in Saratoga Springs, NY or Oakbrook Terrace, IL Other GE Office locations may be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE)
* Superior communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Construction, field testing and commissioning experience
* Energetic and able to work in a team environment
* Creative, able to lead a team and be accountable for team results in order to deliver a high quality product on time and under budget
* Professional Engineering registration (within the U.S.)
* Knowledge of and experience using Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE) & American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards
* Knowledge of the American Association of Cost Engineer (AACE) principles and estimating tool (MC2, HD, Success).
* Knowledge of HV AIS substation physical/outdoor design and construction including foundation design and site preparation
* Knowledge of HV GIS substation equipment
* Knowledge of synchronous motors, generators, and eBOP equipment
* Knowledge of substation protection & control schemes, SCADA communication systems, factory and site testing, commissioning methods, and maintenance
* Excellent personal computer skills, including software development, and familiarity with AutoCAD / Microstation desired
* Experienced user of MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.