Location: Gastonia, North Carolina - United States Description
The candidate will be accountable for process (now-woven process technologies) development projects aimed at supporting our product leadership & growth agenda in the non-woven business, supporting our WFM manufacturing plan in process optimization, productivity & quality improvement projects. Act as the go to expert for non-woven process in the innovation organization but also be recognize as such by the operation organization. The projects will be focus on delivering process solutions that maximize our product performances, enhance quality consistency and optimize the total manufacturing costs of products made on our key manufacturing platforms globally. This job will combine deep technical work at lab/pilot scale and plants implementation. The position can be operated form Granville or Gastonia non-woven innovation centers. Responsibilities, Scope and Contributions
- Demonstrates a commitment to safety
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader.
- Ensure rigorous compliance to standard safety procedures and OC corporate policies.
- Lead key process development project:
- Capable of translating required product performances to win in the market place, quality consistency and process efficiencies requirements into new or optimized manufacturing process technologies (more specifically around non-woven process - wet-end part and drying technology). The major short-term projects will be mainly executed in our North America manufacturing footprint like Aiken (SC), Gastonia (NC), Fort Smith (AR) & Danville (IL) facilities.
- Develop and execute with the support of the team resources process developments project approved by the PRB or guided by the product leadership NLT members aimed at improving the product performances, quality or costs until the hand-over to the manufacturing team.
- Capable of leading New Product Industrialization project through the methodology developed internally to insure that new products introduce in our manufacturing plants can be manufactured according to key business case assumptions (costs and process capabilities).
- Initiate new thinking about manufacturing process technology, in line process monitoring systems that serves product consistency, cost optimization and product performances.
- Develop strong technical interaction with the product developer to deliver & support industrialization of unique product solutions providing value to our customers.
- Monitor technology in his/her area of expertise - share technical recommendations on technology trend with innovation leadership.
- Build / maintain a network of academic/industry experts that can provide relevant insights to problem resolutions & identification of new potential technologies of interest for CSB.
Who I work with In Unit : CSB Product leadership innovation team - Non Woven platform process team. Outside UNIT: Manufacturing platform technology, stable operation manufacturing teams, Operations including Continuous Improvement team, Marketing, sales & Sourcing organizations. Outside company : Technical representative of Customers, External laboratories and Universities, Supplier Technical representative.Committees, teams, councils, boards, etc. that I participate in
- Be part of the manufacturing process competency group and share/gain knowledge/expertise through peers.
What I will NOT be doing
- Process expert competency group
Job requirements Experience:
- Manufacturing trouble-shooting
Knowledge and Skills
- The minimum educational background is an advanced degree in Engineer (Ph.D is welcome) in the field of Non Woven manufacturing technologies (Paper technologies)
- Work experience (5 to 8 years) is welcome but not an absolute must, process development or optimization experience in the paper industry will be a plus.
- Interest in working in laboratory/pilot and plant environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally - travel time requirements 25-35 %.
Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Fluent in English, second languages is a plus.
- Good communication & technical documentation skills is desired.
- Six sigma certifications (green or black belt) is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work effectively as a member of a global team is a must & with a lot of interaction with the operation organization.
- TEAMWORK ORIENTED : SELF-STARTED WHO WORKS WITH MINIMAL SUPERVISION THAT BALANCES MULTIPLE ASSIGNMENTS; WORKS EFFECTIVELY ACROSS TECHNOLOGY, MARKETING AND MANUFACTURING GROUPS TO ENSURE PROJECT SUCCESS.
- ACCOUNTABILITY : KNOWS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AND GET IT DONE. WILLINGLY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROJECT OUTCOMES AS A WHOLE; UNAFRAID OF OWNING THE RESULTS, ACTIONS AND DECISIONS OF SELF OR ORGANIZATION. COMMITTED TO FOLLOW THROUGH TO COMPLETION.
- JUDGMENT & DECISION MAKING: RECOGNIZES ISSUES, PROBLEMS, OR OPPORTUNITIES AND DETERMINE WHETHER ACTION IS NEEDED. CHOOSES APPROPRIATE ACTION BY FORMULATING CLEAR DECISION CRITERIA AND EVALUATES OPTIONS BY CONSIDERING IMPLICATIONS AND CONSEQUENCES. IMPLEMENTS DECISIONS OR INITIATE ACTION WITHIN REASONABLE TIME.
- CREATIVITY & ENERGIZING .
- ABILITY TO LEARN.
*LI-NM1 About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.