About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
• The qualified candidate will join the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) organization supporting biological therapeutics and vaccines. Within MSAT, the candidate will work in the Purification Group, which develops processes for isolation and purification of recombinant proteins, polysaccharides, bioconjugates, and other biologics.
• Projects may include execution of processes at lab and pilot scales, process development and characterization, scale-up and tech transfer to commercial manufacturing, process simulation and modeling, process troubleshooting, new technology development and implementation.
• The incumbent will run various recovery and purification unit operations, including preparative chromatography, Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), and Normal Flow Filtration (NFF) at lab and pilot scales, as well as providing support for commercial scale operations as needed.
• The scope of the project work may include tasks in any or all of the following stages: scope definition, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analyses, design, specification development, project planning, implementation, and post-implementation monitoring and follow-up.
• The incumbent must be capable of providing significant contributions to cross-functional projects and may lead some teams with involvement and coaching from their supervisor.
• Utilizing a high level of technical expertise, the incumbent is responsible for moderately complex projects related to the development, scale-up and/or characterization of processes, equipment, and control strategies, process optimization, qualification of alternate raw materials and components, and/or technology transfer to GMP commercial manufacturing facilities.
• The candidate must be able to execute, analyze, document, and communicate results from experimental studies conducted at lab, pilot or commercial scales. The candidate must be able to interpret data and make recommendations to optimize processes, improve yields, and enhance the smooth transition from development through to successful implementation.
• The incumbent will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving process issues, diagnosing technical problems, and determining short and long term solutions. The incumbent will be required to work both independently and in team environments and be able to coordinate multiple technical projects simultaneously in a well-organized fashion.
• The incumbent will be expected to prepare technical reports, provide oral presentations to scientists and management, and assist in the preparation of regulatory filing documents, as required.
• Degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or other related biotechnology discipline: Ph.D. degree; M.S. degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; B.S. degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
• Technical knowledge and skills in purification of biologics achieved through industrial or academic experience in research and development, technical operations, manufacturing, etc.
• Experience with operating, monitoring and/or control of purification processes including Chromatography, Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), and Normal Flow Filtration (NFF).
• Able to design and execute experimental studies, analyze data, and document/communicate results
• Standing, walking, sitting, bending as required
• Able to lift moderate weight
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Occasionally work off-shift, overtime, weekends and/or holidays to meet business or customer needs.
• Occasional domestic and/or international travel
• Work with potentially hazardous chemicals using appropriate personal protective safety equipment in a properly controlled environment
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.