This Civil/Structural Engineering Sr level role will be a member of the PEPCO Civil Engineering team, in which he/she will be responsible for the Civil/Structural design activities associated with new and existing indoor/outdoor substations; additionally, he/she will be accountable for project engineering/management responsibilities depending on the size of the project.
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Leads and performs assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive engineering expertise.
Leads and performs engineering tasks associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas.
Evaluates, develops, implements and leads projects that have significant financial and operational impact.
Participates in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams.
Serves as an expert in specialized area.
Acts as an expert witness or provide expert opinions as required.
Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
Provides training and/or guidance to others.
Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer.
* Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
* Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
* Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
2. Eight or more years of professional engineering experience.
3. Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
4. Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
5. Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
6. Minimum of three related career experiences OR
7. Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
8. Professional Engineer's License, advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification.
-Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
-Proven ability to analyze and interpret complex structural design & analysis and site development activities.
-Working knowledge of Fire Protection.
-Graduate degree or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification.
-Licensed Professional Engineer.
Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
-Strong written and oral communication skills.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers