Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal Marketing Solutions Engineering is in charge of creating products that help 17 million merchants worldwide understand their 210 million customers and convert more sales.
We are organized as a cross-functional team composed of Front End Engineers, Product Designers, & Back End Engineers and the ideal candidate has experience working closely with all three practices. We work in a "3-in-a-box" model where we work closely with the Design Lead, Tech Lead and Product Manager to build a well-rounded experience.
We function much like a start-up inside PayPal, we do adopt a rapid iteration Lean Startup and rapid experimentation approach. It's a very fast paced highly innovative environment and we love our work and take pride in it.
We work hard and play hard. Our San Jose campus facilities include beach volleyball courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, full, staffed gym, soccer field, ping-pong tables and 2 cafeterias. About you:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in hiring, building and retaining top talent, establishing scalable and sustainable architecture, collaborate on the strategy & roadmap by working closely with the product, design and PMO organizations, besides technical prowess and demonstrated experience building web applications. We'd like to know that you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development. This is a hands-on engineering leadership role for a strong technologist and high performing manager. Responsibilities:
- Hiring, developing & retaining top talent and be responsible for the overall team structure.
- Work with product and design organizations in defining product roadmap.
- Provide thought leadership to the broad org around web development.
- Manage competing priorities.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Bring predictability to the team's overall performance and delivery.
- Coaching and mentoring individual contributors.
- Create & enhance development processes to ensure the quality of products and code.
- Responsible for establishing and enhancing the engineering discipline of the team.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly to our products
- Maintain a good balance between start-up mentality with rapid iteration and maturity of product features
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment where features are rapidly developed and tested, change and experimentation
- End to end ownership of features including design, coding, deployment, devops and support
- 7+ years of progressive software development career path
- 3+ years of experience in managing direct reports and their careers
- Strong Design and Architecture exposure in building large scale internet applications
- Strong People Management skills leading mid-size teams in a Product Development environment
- Ability to work well with others, motivate other team members, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Lean Startup product iteration techniques
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Extra credit: Provide your GitHub account or StackOverflow profile with your resume!
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.