At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Works independently on complex issues and large projects. Performs overall field testing activities including installation/commissioning tests, technical investigations, field-engineering analysis on malfunctioned electrical and electronic equipment to evaluate system maintenance and repair. Testing Group work is on transmission & distribution substation equipment. Distribution Testing work is on distribution equipment, generally outside substations. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs testing assignments and provides guidance to newer engineer/technician (e. g. preventive and corrective maintenance on capacitors, regulators, small power transformers, communication equipment, ALRSs, MCRs, power factor analysis, feeder voltage profiles, feeder device coordination, cable fault locating, generator deployments, power quality investigations, ATOs, Network protectors).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the current distribution system design (e. g. , analyze and interpret complex field data gathered from tests).
- Evaluates, develops and implements new test equipment, tools and designs that have moderate financial and operational impact
- Evaluates effectiveness of current technical systems and processes.
- Participates on teams (e. g. , works with Distribution engineering and manufacturers to implement new designs)
- Participates in training (e. g. , attend ComEd, vendor and University classes; conduct training)
- Perform preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on distribution and transmission relays, communications equipment, power reclosers etc. , using the guidelines listed in the Field Reference and the Maintenance Procedures manuals.
- Conduct basic hands-on acceptance and in-service testing of transmission and distribution equipment (e. g. , transformers, circuit breakers, control and relay panels, SCADA, power line carrier, audio tone, etc. ); Testing is performed per the guidelines included in the Field Reference Manual and the Maintenance Procedures Manuals.
- Assist with the restoration of malfunctioning transmission and distribution equipment, under emergency conditions, by performing the necessary hands-on testing as outlined in the Field Reference and Maintenance Procedures manuals.
- Complete required paperwork (reports, test data, blueprint corrections, relay settings, etc) as necessary to document work performed.
- Provide on-the-job and formal classroom training.
- Successful completion of tech test.
- Associates degree in a technical field (1) or equivalent relevant education / experience (See Section Below) (2) AND 5 or more years of relevant technical experience
- Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform assignments for a specific discipline for maintenance, testing, installation or service
- Testing Group positions require demonstrated ability to direct crews during maintenance or commissioning of equipment or systems
- Distribution Testing positions require demonstrated ability using OJE process to independently investigate and solve power quality inquiries, capability to perform cable fault locating, calibrate network centers and automatic throwover switches, ability to stage / start generators and test / troubleshoot commission distribution automation system equipment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid drivers license
- Requires frequent travel to various company substations or other locations within the service territory
- Must be available to work shifts and respond to emergency situations (7 days per week / 24 hours per day)
- Bachelors degree (technical field) (1)- AND 3 or more years of relevant technical experience.
- Non-degreed or non-technical degree- equivalent relevant education (2) AND 7 or more years of relevant technical experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering Technology
- Technical experience related to electrical power equipment.
- Conduct CMs, PMs, and project installation testing activities on power equipment
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster