Software Quality Engineer Job -- San Diego, CA
Software Quality ensures quality is built into software development products by utilizing a combination of preventative and appraisal methods, at all phases of development, to keep defects from getting into production. Demonstrates expert knowledge in software quality concepts. Develops, publishes, and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Develops quality assurance standards. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts. Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Be able to executed manual and Automation test cases.
Be able to write technical trackers.
Be able to investigate technical issues.
Be able to break down complex specs and create test cases.
Be able to configure and setup VMs.
Be able to detect incorrect test cases and repair them.
- 5+ years industry experience (development preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience C# development (must be recent)
- SQL Server (able to creating basic to intermediate level queries)
- 3+ years of experience working with MS Windows 2003, 2008 Server
- 3+ years of basic networking experience in a corporate environment (A network setup at home will not be considered experience)
- 3+ years Automation experience (must be able to create scripts from scratch and modify existing)
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.