At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Nuclear is looking for a Sr. Environmental Specialist at our Illinois Nuclear Headquarters in Warrenville, IL.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reponsible for day-to-day, plant level environmental compliance as Site Functional Area Manager. Assures that the highest level of compliance is maintained with all applicable environmental rules and regulations and that station personnel are aware of all relevent environmental requirements. Responsible for daily environmental activities including regulatory inspections, reporting, filing reports, permit compliance and testing in all environmental programs including air pollution control, water pollution control, waste handling and disposal, spill planning and prevention, storage tank management and emergency planning and release reporting. Responsible for promoting environmental awareness and aiding plant management with assessing environmental risks. Works with Environmental Programs to review and implement permit and regulatory changes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and be responsible for day-to-day environmental compliance for plant level environmental programs including waste management, water pollution control, spill plans and response, emergency planning and release reporting, tank management, and other applicable environmental requirements
- Environmental record keeping and reporting including data review and analysis, report preparation, report filing, agency notification, permit application review and input to regulatory comments
- Perform self-assesments, participate in corporate audits and lead regulatory site inspections.
- Manage contractors and environmental budgets
- Participate in EMS ISO 14001 certification, review and improvement activities.
- Report environmental metrics and corrective action implementation
- Make site employee's and management alert to environmental issues; promote environmental awareness.
- Review and update the Management Model related to environmental compliance.
- Participate in Environmental Peer Group and implement best practices.
- BS in engineering or environmental science with 6+ years professional experience OR
- Associates Degree with 8+ years professional experience and 3+ years exempt level experience
- H. S. Diploma with 10+ years professional experience and 5+ years exempt level experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal, state and local environmental rules and regulations and their implementation requirements
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities with conflicting priorities, and pay attention to detail
- FLS experience
- Knowledge of power plant operations
- Water treatment plant operator license or similar certification
- Project Management experience
- Position reports to Manager, Environmental Operations
- Position has a direct impact on plant operations
- Position requires communication and interaction with plant management, Power environmental, legal, supply and external affairs.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.