Overview of the role: Hartford Funds is currently seeking an energetic, innovative, and team-oriented ETF Specialist who will be responsible for making a significant contribution to our initiatives. A passion for introducing better ways to build portfolios, as well as recognition that investors have been underserved by traditional approaches is essential.
We are seeking a driven and intellectually curious professional who will partner with our Advisor Consultants in the field to drive sales, serving as an ETF Specialist, possessing an intricate understanding of the ETF landscape and our products.
This position requires an extensive background in the ETF space, with a high level of knowledge around capital markets, factor investing and asset allocation.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Partner with the Divisional Sales Manager and Advisor Consultants in the specified territory to develop and execute a business plan to maximize the ETF business in the region
• Educate and continually train the Advisor Consultants on ETF usage, the intricacies of our ETF offerings and the competitive landscape
• Effectively execute a partnership sales process with a high level of quality activity in person, over the phone and via WebEx
• Expertly represent our investment strategies with a broad variety of audiences, from relative new users of ETFs to sophisticated ETF experts
• Maintain knowledge of industry related topics and maintain proficiencies in delivering value-added presentations to advisors and other audiences
• Align with sales management on all long term and intermittent initiatives
• Capture data diligently
• Bring client insight to the firm: communicate and coordinate with product, marketing, distribution, and client service team, etc.
• Additional responsibilities will include ongoing interaction with senior management, as well as building and maintaining productive relationships with other Hartford Funds sales and support organizations.
• 80% or more travel is required
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $78.1 billion as of September 30, 2016 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
• Bachelor's degree required (MBA, CIMA, CFA, CAIA or work toward a plus)
• 5 years of sales experience within the financial services/investment management industry
• 5 years ETF sales or specialist experience with a strong knowledge of ETFs and systematic strategies
• Series 7 and 63 required
• Entrepreneurial attitude is a must (willing to roll up sleeves and work hard)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• High energy and a love of intellectually challenging client interaction
• Excellent listening, profiling skills and portfolio construction skills
• Demonstrated understanding of capital markets
• Motivated team player with strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD