Responsible for identifying and researching component failures to improve package and product quality and reliability. Evaluate electrical and thermal mechanical characteristics of integrated circuits to determine the failure mechanism and root cause. Conduct hands on lab work, define failure analysis strategy, and recommend corrective actions/fixes to internal customers. Other duties may include material surface analysis, developing innovative techniques/approaches to accelerate failure identification and mechanism understanding, and support technology transfer to high volume manufacturing. The ideal candidate needs to have the following behavioral traits:
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong technical background and ability for problem solving.
- Good communication and decision making skills.
- Strong teamwork and planning/time management skills. Able to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to work well in ambiguous situations. Mature, self-assured, well organized.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Solid-state Physics, or related field.
- Structure and property of materials, material analysis and characterization including surface analysis.
- Non-destructive and destructive analytical techniques.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.