Field Service Representative - Power Distribution
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This role ensures that within an organizational department, it has the correct level of Technical Service experience to ensure all customers are supported. The purpose of this role is to ensure that the organizational department has the Technical Service Capability to support its engineering and service commitments to an Advanced level of complexity.
· This role will mentor other field service reps where necessary to give advice and support of a Technical nature when required.
· This role will report to the Field Service Manager of the organizational department and advise on any Technical Service or Support Matter.
· This role will manage a number of Customer Key Accounts.
· This role will carry out service or support work in line with standard procedures or practices and will regularly work outside these boundaries as required.
· Provide pre-sales and/or post-sales technical support to customers including commissioning, installing, testing, and maintaining products, equipment, and systems.
· Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up.
· Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipments upgrades that will meet customer needs.
· Monitor and resolve recurring more complex problems to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
· Coach and mentor less experienced engineers, check the quality of their work, and help them diagnose and solve problems.
· Produce leads for Service Support.
· Troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve technical problems that arise during start-up.
· Train customers on the features of the equipment they have purchased
This job might be for you if you have:
• High level of technical knowledge of electronic/electrical component theory. Knowledge of HVAC systems and applicable application software knowledge is preferred.
• Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to overall objectives. Work is usually quite independent of other team members
• Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
• Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds
• Familiarization in preparing MOPs is a plus and candidate must adhere to the strict guidelines of approved Methods of Procedures (MOPs).
• Verifiable hands-on technical work experience required
• Certification needed according to Business and Country where he is operating.
• Relevant experience with critical systems infrastructure equipment (i.e. electrical switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, fire detection/suppression or building monitoring systems).
• Clear verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess a valid driver's license.
Education and experience:
Minimum two-year degree or technical certification in an electrical related program or equivalent 5 yrs. work experience as a shop and / or field electrical technician.
Exhibit knowledge of advanced Electrical Industry manufacturing standards. Specific standards include sections of ANSI IEEE C37 applicable to the design and manufacture of breakers and switchgear. With specific knowledge of the following:
• ANSI IEEE device function numbers; ampacities of electrical conductors in switchgear applications; electrical air and surface clearance requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge in the design and manufacture of bus and structural modification projects.
• Skilled in the art of writing accurate and complete test reports, project summaries and has the ability to explain most of the anomalies found on a given project.
• Demonstrate knowledge of basic electrical theory and control circuits i.e.: Ohm's Law; Basic AC and DC theory; contactor and circuit breaker schematics.
Demonstrate knowledge of basic distribution protective relay testing, hi-pot testing, and breaker function testing. i.e.: testing of over-current and motor protection relays with current injection; acceptance testing
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.