Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers,
businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries
and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal
in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for
everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common
purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments
technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a
Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce
Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over
65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the
world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the
world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously
raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to
people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere
you want to be. Job Description
The Sr. Financial Analyst for Operating Certificates, based in Foster City, is primarily responsible for assisting clients with the quarterly Operating Certificate filing and reviewing submitted data, which is used for card service fee calculation, Visa Earning Release and other statistical purposes.
Visa is recruiting a Sr. Financial Analyst with the curiosity to learn bankcard transaction process, ability to communicate with external and internal clients effectively, enthusiasm to improve current processes continuously and ability to adapt changes. The ideal candidate will have the ability and willingness to learn
Visa pricing structure and strategies, client licensing structures, Visa product hierarchies, bankcard transaction metrics, revenue recognition policies and Operating Certificate systems.
This position requires the ability to learn quickly, work independently, and solve problems in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Responsibilities
- Perform in-depth, complex analysis to ensure completeness
and accuracy of Visa statistical data submitted by clients. Evaluate
correlation among statistical data, identify trends, and summarize findings
across client and products.
- Query and mine large data sets to discover transaction
patterns, examine financial data and filter for targeted information. Compare
Visa transactions reported by clients to Visa Net transactions and interact
with clients to understand and resolve discrepancies.
- Work with Deal Team to identify client contract terms
that have impact to quarterly Operating Certificate and suggest corresponding
system or configuration changes to execute contracts with minimum interruption
to daily operations.
- Participate in and/or may lead Revenue Operations
projects by proposing system design and functionality changes to achieve
business objectives by using minimum resources.
- Enhance internal and external customer experiences by
providing value added guidance, enhanced data and reporting and improved
- Identify low value added operational processes and drive
process improvements to enhance efficiency and productivity of overall
Operating Certificate process
- Prepare statistical reports for publication as well as
ad-hoc analyses and report as needed.
- Participate in internal, external and self-assessment
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a global team.
- Highly motivated team member who easily cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff both inside and outside the Finance organization.
- Ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
- Ability to appropriately facilitate a drive for action.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Experience providing analytical, cost reduction and business case analysis support to non-financial management, as well as budgeting, forecasting, expenditure and variance commentaries.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Understanding of performance measurement and reporting techniques.
- A critical aspect of this role is demonstrated experience and skill in managing relationships with senior-level executives and providing top-quality customer service (e.g., managerial role in a consulting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.