With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Sr. Financial Analyst in the Planning & Controlling department supports the Logistics and Purchased Finished Goods (PFG) groups with month end reporting, expense analysis, freight reporting & analysis, budget creation and day to day financial support. The position is also responsible for improving current business processes using SAP functionality to support end users and to resolve problems, and analyze results. All responsibilities include company-wide activities related to the analysis of actual results and the projections of future results. The Sr. Financial Analyst will also work closely with our third party freight vendor in analyzing freight trends and reviewing modes of transportation to explain freight variances year over year. The main objective of the position is to deliver reliable and timely data as basis of management's decision. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Month end close activities related to the logistics and PFG areas including accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Analyses of logistic/PFG organization expenses and explanations to Executive Management.
- Monthly KPI reporting.
- Preparation of quarterly forecasts.
- Monitoring and analysis of monthly logistics capital forecast.
- Long range planning related to logistic and PFG groups.
- Analyses on product weight and dimensions.
- Detailed freight analysis.
- Support the logistic/PFG groups with SAP knowledge and new reports.
- Support in year end proof of delivery process.
- Analyses and preparation of statistical and routine reports, including any desirable analysis of monthly departmental reports.
- Analyses of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the company's financial results.
- Preparation of ad-hoc analyses and reports as required by management.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Excellent MS Excel and SAP knowledge, financial accounting principles, project management
- Computer skills to include MS Applications like, Excel with advanced formulas, Access database knowledge and Power Point Presentations.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication, very good presentation style, multiple tasking, planning and organizing, good judgment, experience in working in an international environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years experience in an accounting department
- Logistic support background
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
#IN2017 Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.