Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
This position works in a close-knit, cross-trained team, and is involved in a wide variety of activities and transactions. The position interfaces with a broad spectrum of Finance and non-Finance personnel globally - both in the businesses and across Corporate functions such as Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax, Stockholder Services and Legal. The position provides excellent top-level exposure to the financial performance of Baxter and each of its businesses. The position also provides excellent exposure and development in U.S. GAAP and SEC rules. Principle responsibilities include the following:
• - Work with team to prepare the Annual Report and 10-Ks, 10-Qs and other SEC filings
• - Perform financial analysis and prepare Investor Relations and senior management for quarterly and year-end earnings release calls.
• - Account for Baxter's debt and foreign currency and interest rate hedging activities, which are centralized at Corporate.
• - Analyze new lease agreements and determine appropriate lease classification through research of accounting guidance.
• - Monitor GAAP and SEC developments and assist in the implementation of new accounting and disclosure standards.
• - Work with team to provide formal and informal GAAP and policies training to Finance employees globally.
• - Research and apply technical accounting guidance with respect to Baxter's significant, unusual and complex transactions and events in a variety of areas.
• - Participate in the effort to maintain Baxter's SOX compliance.
• - Identify and implement process improvements.
• - Bachelor's / Master's degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
• - Minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Public accounting experience with a national accounting firm preferred.
• - Strong technical, research, and analytical skills.
• - Close attention to detail, quality, and control.
• - Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an efficient and timely manner.
• - Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, organizing, prioritizing and communicating effectively.
• - Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
• - Strong Excel skills; experience with Hyperion a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.