Senior Financial Analyst
Blizzard Entertainment games don't just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers-and we support our games for years after they're in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment has an immediate opening for a Senior Financial Analyst at its Irvine, California headquarters. This individual will assist with the company's reporting and analysis to provide actionable insights to management. In addition, this person will provide strategic financial support to management including preparing financial presentations, financial analysis, and other projects as requested. Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and production of monthly dashboard reports, providing regular updates on YTD, QTD, and MTD performance.
- Monitor key performance indicators, highlight trends, and analyze causes of unexpected variance in engagement, revenue, and expenses.
- Analyze and compare regional marketing spends and determine ROI on various marketing initiatives or projects.
- Support management team and department heads with ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Assist in preparing presentations and supporting materials.
- Additional departmental duties as needed and assigned, of which the above are representative.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related areas
- A minimum of 6 years finance experience, preferably at a publicly traded company
- Highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in a dynamic, multitasking environment
- Excellent organizational skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Team player capable of communicating and collaborating across global and cross-functional partners
- Solid knowledge of general financial analysis principles
- Able to vary work hours as needed to interface with global teammates
- Able to work independently, with limited direction
- Expert proficiency in Excel
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint
- Experience with Hyperion and Tableau
- Experience in video game, software, or entertainment industries
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment products and MMORPGs
- Prior experience in marketing analytics
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Only applicants with all three will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.