At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As the Senior Financial Analyst
in Mount Vernon, IN, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
As the Senior Financial Analyst
you are accountable for proactively partnering with Site Operations to help achieve the financial, strategic and manufacturing excellence goals of the site. This person is responsible for the reporting, consolidation and analysis of the monthly site results and financial forecasts while providing value - added and insightful financial and business analysis to support operational initiatives, challenge key forecasting assumptions, while identifying risks and opportunities to the business and have strong business partnering skills. Job Responsibilities:
Business Partnering & Decision Support:
- Working proactively with Operations Stakeholder to understand future financial information needs and producing efficient solutions to meet these needs (Business Case Development, Capacity requirements, Benefits tracking, KPIs etc)
- Negotiating and communicating effectively across teams and with external parties to achieve a positive outcome
- Partner with site operations in developing annual business plan (ABU) and quarterly forecasts (RBU's) and other ad hoc financial analysis for the site.
- Active involvement in the review and development of short & long-term strategy at the site by developing robust financial forecasts & models to support the priorities of the business.
- Works closely with the Site Finance Director to ensure accuracy of financial forecasts and, using a good understanding of the business model and financial drivers, to challenge and influence the key cost drivers and assumptions
- Developing reliable operational and financial forecasts while ensuring integrity of the data to promote a high quality forecast submission.
- Partnering with the Finance Director in leading the financial planning cycle in the area of accountability; setting stretch, but attainable, performance targets which are aligned to strategy and operational plans
- Work closely with the Ops IFS and FP&A team to ensure accurate monthly close and reporting
- Highlighting sensitivities & risks and delivering timely, accurate and granular reporting and robust commentary of the site performance, linking business drivers to actual spend and forecast
- Proactively partnering with Operations to drive manufacturing excellence through lean leadership, efficiencies along with simplification and standardization
- Assist in the delivery of robust and rigorous financial analysis of risks and benefits for major business initiatives to help support data driven decision making
- Provide business acumen and financial education and awareness throughout the site.
- Assist the Finance Director in preparing presentations for key business and Finance review meetings.
- Work closely with Asset Planners to model financial scenarios based upon volatility in volume
- Engaging with Finance Director to improve and/or simplify working practices and processes in Finance
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of accounting / finance experience with at least 3 years in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse, previous experience in SAP general ledger, cost accounting and project accounting.
- Proficiency in Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) functionality.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles required
- Strong Business Partnering, communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Team player with the ability to influence cross functionally in an extremely dynamic operational environment
- Strong drive for results & ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Able to synthesize and challenge complex data to make clear findings/recommendations to business partners.
Next Steps - Apply today!
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Manufacturing finance experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.