Sr. Financial Analyst/ Financial Analyst
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As a Sr. Financial Analyst
, in Wilmington, DE
, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.Main Duties and Responsibilities
Support Therapeutic Area business functions by providing financial guidance and insights to ensure that all stakeholders within the business area receive the financial information required to drive the business performance. Support provided will include financial analysis, e.g.: expense and performance management, financial reporting, and financial modelling to support to the budget and forecasting cycles.
- Support the month end close process by working directly with the brand teams on expense tracking and management to achieve financial targets (to include (to accruals management, expense tracking, coordination with POMS)
- Provide month & quarter end commentary on sales performance & expense management and prepare account reconciliations.
- Support preparation, coordination, review and submission of financial forecasts.
- Provide financial analysis, expense & performance management (to include ad hoc requests), as well as, monitor and provide course adjustments for franchise/brand financial goals and objectives.
- Consolidate TA portfolio monthly results tracking and reporting
- Support modelling and planning activities to complete the annual business planning cycles and to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Ensure a high degree of financial budget ownership across the brand team, and provide training on the financial process as needed Assist in the preparation of presentations to senior management for expense & performance management and financial forecasts
- Field Sales Expenses and Budgeting support, as well as, business partnering with EBDs and CALs
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) required. (Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred)
- 3+ years of financial experience required
- Business Acumen
- Impact & Influence
- Innovation & Change
- Drives Performance
- Works Collaboratively
- Thinks Strategically
- Acts Decisively
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong communication skills Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work as a change agent in a dynamic work environment
This position will be filled as a C or D level depending on experience.Next Steps - Apply today!
- Experience of working in a global organization, preferably within the pharmaceuticals industry, and knowledge of the drug development life cycle and commercial aspects of the industry
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and liaising with senior managers leaders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including oral & written
- Good understanding of functional cost drivers
- Use of/exposure to general office and financial systems, e.g. SAP, Business Intelligence software
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.