Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
AIS Senior Financial Consultants work directly with TIAAs core clients and prospects to deliver phone-based personalized investment solutions to help clients work toward their long-term financial goals. These individuals have the opportunity to work directly with clients to provide guidance or offer assistance creating a plan through our Direct Managed Account offering.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
This role includes both Inbound and Outbound client management to facilitate financial planning, investments, and money movement. The ideal candidate can expect to engage in the following activities:
- Engaging clients in exploratory (Discovery) conversation to gain an understanding of their financial position and needs
- Proactively communicate and consult with clients to identify sales and asset retention opportunities
- Focus on new and existing TIAA clients at any level not serviced by the Wealth Advisory Team
- Assists in the understanding and completion of our online financial planning tool (Direct Managed Account)
- Works with clients to find opportunities to expand their engagement with TIAA
- Assists clients through account rollovers, investment transactions, money movement
- Achieves established metrics for the role; which may include but not limited to Asset Growth, Close Ratio, Distinctiveness and Cross Sell goals
- Follows practical application of all compliance, regulatory, and company policies and guidelines
- Coordinates with appropriate business partners
- Resolves issues for clients; demonstrate strategic thinking when pursuing issue resolution and end objectives
- Demonstrates advanced consultative sales skills including consistently matching level of content and varying tactics with participants to clarify understanding during interactions
- Acceptance of the position requires an 18 month commitment prior to posting for other roles within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of TIAA-CREF experience with at least 2 years of financial sales/service experience (ideally with emerging wealth management or high net worth clients)
FINRA registrations (or ability to obtain within 120 days). Must comply with all regulatory requirements and remain in good standing with regulatory agencies:
State Life/Health/Variable Annuity Insurance licensing
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921