Sr. Financial Planning Analyst - Marketing Solutions
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be directly involved in understanding key business and product metrics to drive appropriate forecast assumptions (bookings, revenue, and product monetization). You will partner with cross-functional teams and be the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) point person that provides strategic analyses and recommendations to key stakeholders. You will also be responsible for maintaining and communicating relevant performance metrics, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting outlook models to reflect operational changes. You will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts, and weekly/monthly outlooks). You will be responsible for managing revenue and cost drivers while ensuring accuracy and consistency with global FP&A. Strict attention to detail and an ability to set and meet tight deadlines will be important for your success. Responsibilities
- Drive complex financial modeling development, enhancement and maintenance
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide strategic financial insights and recommendations
- Monitor key financial metrics and business drivers; analyze budget/forecast variances to actual and review with management team
- Establish processes to ensure accurate and timely completion of financial planning consolidations
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to provide ad hoc business-related analysis
- Coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks) and preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly management reviews
- Ideation, development and implementation of tools, systems and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts
• BA/BS degree in finance or accounting
• 3+ years of financial analysis experience Preferred Qualifications
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A, investment banking or consulting environment; experience with modeling bookings, revenue, costs and expenses
- Experience working with online advertising business models
- Strong systems skills with preference toward Hyperion Essbase/Smartview, SQL, Oracle Financials, Dodeca, Salesforce
- Understanding of accounting theory and practice (e.g., basic revenue recognition rules, accruals, company capitalization policies and proper expense timing)
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); expert Excel modeling skills strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical, teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to question the output of a financial model and consider options for improvement
- Proven ability to coordinate and execute projects independently, effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and autonomously perform within tight deadlines
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.