At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Financial System Support role will be the primary administrator for the Exelon Utilities (EU) financial planning tool called Utilities International (UI) Planner. The administrator of this application will be responsible for coordinating with each of the utilities under Exelon to oversee change management, system security, data integration and validation, training and general technical support. The responsibilities will also include supporting the regulatory teams during filings and coordinating the strategic deployment and implementation of UI Planner across EU including being the primary interface with IT and Utilities International. Applicants must be able to fulfill ad hoc requests from various internal and external sources to support the maintenance of the application. Individual must be flexible, proactive and able to work with ambiguity. Individual must be able to commit to the time requirements of this position, which may demand extended hours at peak times and some travel (10-20%). The position will reside in EU Finance and primarily support the BGE and PECO finance organization. The location for this position will be in Baltimore or Philadelphia alongside the BGE or PECO Finance Teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. End User Support & Change Management– Serve as central point of contact in troubleshooting issues across all utilities and modules within the application. This includes the tracking of all requested changes, managing the request approval process, identifying parties who will be impacted by the change, configuration of approved changes in UI and coordinating with those end users to test and implement changes. Assist with training and onboarding of new users to the application. This includes building and maintaining job aids to help new users learn how to use the application
2. Actuals and Forecast Data Processing - Assist the finance teams with updating the application during the monthly close, forecast, and long term planning process. This includes loading financial statement data into the application as well as maintaining the chart of accounts and other attributes in the system. Must be able to prepare data/system reconciliations and communicate result to the various finance teams.
3. Manage Application Performance – Periodically test the performance of the application/servers/ and databases. Serve as the primary contact/liaison between Finance and IT groups. Serve as lead in annual UI Version Control & Roll Forward processes, UI Application release installation and testing. Provide disaster recovery (limited scope) for the application including maintaining the disaster recovery plans and procedures.
4. Strategic Development - Assist in identifying and implementing opportunities to improve the efficiency of UI Planner processes resulting in standardization between EU utilities (where appropriate), lower process cycle times, and/or greater accuracy.
• 4 year degree in a Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems field with at least 5 to 8 years business-related experience and demonstrated acumen in Finance/Accounting and/or financial systems.
• Effective financial analysis skills, combined with effective written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of financial statement relationships, accounting principles, and financial systems
• Working knowledge of accounting close and/or financial forecasting processes
• Thorough computer-based analytical skills (e.g. Excel)
• Expertise with Oracle, Hyperion, or UI Planner financial systems
• Experience with SQL
• Experience supporting financial applications
• Primary administrator for the Exelon Utilities (EU) financial planning tool called Utilities International (UI) Planner
• Travel 10-20%
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.