The Sr. Consultant is responsible for providing Tier II support services to business users in the Finance area. This encompasses understanding the business requirements to properly document and communicate the design to Information Technology. They should have an understanding of accounting concepts to assist with design or remediate issues when discovered by the business. They will work closely with business users and IT support teams to support Oracle systems, Cognos reporting solutions and business process definition and improvement. Functional and technical knowledge of the Oracle systems to provide guidance on defect resolution or new functionality design to the business process owners is a plus.
The Sr. Consultant's primary responsibilities will be to:
* Create functional design specification documents, build complex system validation tools, and coordinate & conduct the testing for initiatives.
* Lead the design, analysis & implementation for all Financial system related structure and re-engineering initiatives
* Ensure compliance and consistency in the application for the existing organization and set the foundation for future expansions
* Lead the analysis of the shared initiatives to ensure the infrastructure is setup correctly as required for each initiative.
* Responsible for planning and coordinating cross business area teams and managing testing for data conversions and data validation processes.
* Work with the business areas and IT to achieve system re-engineering, system updates & change initiatives.
* Provide guidance to Business Partners to identify & implement process improvements and compliance reporting.
* Provide guidance to IT to ensure adhoc reporting requests are accurate and delivered timely.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 3-7 years' experience with key business processes for large corporate retail and process re-engineering methodologies
* 3-7 years' experience with gathering business requirements, designing business process flow diagrams, creating functional design documentation, and confirming technical design documents
* 3-7 years supporting Oracle financial modules preferred
* Experience with Cognos Reporting Tool strongly preferred
* Three to seven years of functional/technical experience in a large corporate or public sector environment performing complex to very complex data and system analysis, research and testing or application requirements, using qualitative and quantitative measurement, system design and data management principles.
* Proven resource in defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions.
* Practical work-related application, education and/or certification in project management
* Must have advanced analytical skills and the ability to take complex information and put it into a simple Executive Summary format; must be able to understand and anticipate Business/IT/Project need for appropriate level of information and detail.
* Must possess very effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications and presentation skills. Needs to be able to influence decisions and negotiate commitments very effectively at all levels of the organization including executive.
* Must be able to prioritize conflicting objectives.
* Must be able to translate strategic objectives into strategic KPIs.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information.
* Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently with little or no direct supervision and inspire confidence in the quality of work.
* Must have proven project, follow-through and personal organization skills
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.