Sr Firmware Engineer Job DescriptionJob Description
Intel technology provides amazing user experiences across many devices. As a Firmware Engineer in NSG Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group you will develop/test the firmware that controls Intel's cutting edge SSD's Solid State Drives.
You will collaborate with hardware design engineers to define the product feature set and work within a product development team to deliver firmware that meets or exceeds product requirements.
This position gives you the opportunity to be part of one of Intel's fastest growing teams and enables you to work on industry changing memory technologies. In this role your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Source code development, review and maintenance.
- Unit and system level test and verification.
- Lead and participate in architectural changes, design reviews and code reviews - Support validation and integration efforts through debug and technical support
QualificationsInside this Business Group
- Experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, product constraints, along with ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform.
- Source code development, review and maintenance (C/C ).
- Unit and system level test and verification (TCL, System C, Modelsim SE)
- Experience in low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture, hardware design.
- Experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and Fiber Channel. System level design and modeling manages design environment (make, Perl, SVN, Bugzilla).
- System integration using 8, 16, 32 bit micro-controllers.Algorithm modeling, benchmarking, implementation, and digital signal processing.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.Other Locations
US, California, Santa Clara; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.