Sr Firmware Engineer Job Description
Come join Intel's Server Firmware Organization within the Platform Engineering Group as a Firmware Engineer. We are seeking an innovative engineer to work in a team environment to architect and develop Firmware for next generation IA-32 microprocessors and SOCs.
In this position you will be responsible for defining, writing and validating firmware in pre-silicon environments and on post-silicon system platforms. You will with a cross-function team of microprocessor designers, architects and validators to deliver power management firmware for the entire Xeon product line. This positions provides the opportunity to influence the power management direction and capabilities of future Xeon products.Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science or related field, with 4 years of experience in embedded firmware development in the following areas:
- Background in IA-32 architecture/micro-architecture, microprocessors, and computer system architecture
- Low-level software programming skills in assembly and/or C
- Software debug skills
- Versed in Standard Software Engineering practices and fluent with programming development tools
-Experience in the design and interfacing of embedded microcontrollers
Inside this Business Group
- Experience in scripting languages Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.,
- Previous validation and/or testing experience, especially in processor design teams
- Post-Silicon debug experience
- Familiarity with UNIX command-line tools
- Platform architecture and operating system knowledge
- Experience with Assembly
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel's next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.Other Locations
California, Santa Clara; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.