Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want, and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
PC Accessories team is responsible for developing Microsoft/Surface Accessories, such as headsets, keyboards, mice, web cameras, and other accessories for Microsoft portfolio. We build products that provide premium experience across different devices and platforms.
We are looking for a talented person for the role of Senior Firmware Engineer in our PCA Audio-team (headsets). Start-up mindset is key part of your personality, and you’re willing to contribute in all areas of product development to ensure success. Products are your passion, and no detail is too small to ignore.
- Design and deliver key firmware, drivers, tools, and OS
components for multiple audio products.
- Demonstrate experience of debugging hardware/firmware
interaction during board bring-up and component upgrade.
- Assist with hardware bring-up, third-party driver integration,
driver validation, and device manufacturing.
- Keep up with developments in the field, add insight and
innovation to our work.
- Lead the FW development and test team with providing
technical guidance on FW architecture and subsystems.
- Update FW delivery schedule and manage FW
- Work with internal cross functional teams to identify FW
requirements and dependencies.
- Work with external DSP vendors and ensure the DSPs
integration are done in FW.
- Manage FW test case development, review and manage FW
- Manage IOP test development. Work with internal and external
vendors to get coverage on IOP.
- Manage self-hosting and deliver FW to self-hosters and
- 5+ Years of FW Development experience and 2+ Years of
Team Leading experience.
- Ability to debug systemic issues and hardware as well as
- Experience with embedded system software development,
especially at a system architectural level
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple
disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
Benefits: Know-how of Bluetooth, USB and Audio DSP.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.