Senior Fluidics Engineer
The Coca-Cola Freestyle team is growing and is looking for a senior fluidics engineer to continue our success. The successful candidate will join the Core Technologies team, which is responsible for the design of the mechanical systems of the unit, with primary responsibility for fluidics. We need engineers capable of working across boundaries to understand customer needs, to design and improve world-leading products, and to put them into production using our stage-gate process.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
• Quality Planning Disciplines:
o Applies DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) tools (DFMEA, Design Verification Planning, etc.) to optimize quality and reliability of the product. Understands and applies reliability, serviceability and sustainability engineering principles and concepts to meet project objectives.
o Develops designs that are robust to these variations, understanding the sources of the same.
o Designs for manufacturability, including test automation. Experience in
o Collaborates cross-functionally and with supplier organizations to ensure the design is manufacturable within project goals. Provides support for PFMEA and process design
o Communicates alternatives, including working with financial analysts, purchasing organizations, suppliers, and other organizations to clearly share the cost/benefit tradeoffs of decisions
• Systems Engineering:
o Translates top level stakeholder needs through to project requirements, and down (using appropriate engineering disciplines and due-diligence) to product and process specifications. Negotiate with stakeholders where various needs conflict in order to reach an acceptable solution. Develops specifications, including drawings, for designs.
o Assesses project scope and determines resources required to achieve project goals. Manages small groups to achieve technical goals.
o Assesses alternative technologies, determining appropriate evaluation methods, conducting testing or other evaluations, and determining the pros and cons of each technology.
o Reviews designs and collaborations to identify risks and improvements. Clear focus on getting the best design, regardless of whose idea it is.
o Works within a stage-gate development process to cascade top level project requirements to lower level subsystem and component specifications.
o Manages technical supplier. Develops and applies metrics to supplier partners as needed. Finds win/win scenarios when working with supplier partners.
• Technical Project Management:
o Develops, documents and executes work streams in support of multiple projects.
o Works cross-functionally to provide technical support.
o Communicates complex technical situations in an understandable way.
o Demonstrate flexibility where changes in the business environment dictate changes indirection as we develop new technical solutions.
o Maintains positive attitude and focus on achieving the goals.
o Matlab experience w/ control system
o Transforms teams and organizations to new methodologies
• Required: BSME, BSAeroE, BS Mechtronics Eng, or BSBiomedical Eng. from ABET-accredited engineering program.
• Preferred: MSME or MSAero
Related Work Experience:
o 5+ years' experience in product development
o Experience with designing fluidic/hydraulic circuits and components.
o Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
o Disciplined problem solving skills using DMAIC/8D/A3 or similar methodology.
o Manufacturing engineering experience.
o Expertise with CFD analysis using an industry standard tool not just in running the tool, but in setting up the model and boundary conditions appropriately and interpreting the results meaningfully
o Expertise with FEA using an industry-standard tool.
o LabVIEW experience.
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
• COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
• ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
• INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
• Fluidics expertise: proficiency in concepts, practices, and theories used in the design of fluidic circuits, including pumping technologies, nozzles, and flow through tubes and valves. Will have demonstrated the ability to use it in practice and within the engineering lifecycle.
• Has general knowledge of other engineering disciplines (i.e.: software lifecycle, structures). Works independently with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Proficient with engineering documentation tools. Develops, applies and sets example following policy and process for design consistency. CADD, Documentation Change Management (Windchill experience preferred).
• Experience controlling designs using ECN in a formal change management system.
• Proficiency in understanding business and technical priorities and in aligning individual and team efforts with those priorities. Communicates concisely where technical choices affect these priorities.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.