Minimum of one year experience in areas such as: forecasting, marketing research, sales / marketing analysis, sales, marketing, finance, or other analytical function preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Advanced degree desirable.
• Solid understanding of current and future pharmaceutical market drivers, competitive environment, and treatment algorithms across a range of disease areas.
• Solid understanding of GSK product strategies and organizational dynamics and how they impact on the forecast process.
• Solid competence in pharmaceutical forecasting. Solid competence using Rx and other secondary to develop forecasts.
• Solid competence using forecasting and model building software.
• Some experience in identifying, applying and adapting analogs, benchmarks and order of entry mod
Creates forecasts for in-line products across multiple therapeutic areas. Forecasts drive strategic planning, resource investment, and production planning decisions.
• Insures accuracy of forecasts.
• Insures that forecasts address the impact of critical events, are logically designed and well documented, and represent consensus decision making among key stakeholders.
• Insures timely completion of regularly scheduled and ad hoc deliverables. Regularly scheduled deliverables include
-Annual Strategic Plan and Plan Forecasts
-Annual Long Range Forecasts
-Monthly Latest Estimate Forecasts
-Monthly Demand (Consensus) Forecast by SKU for Manufacturing planning
-Quarterly Update (1, 2, 3) Forecasts
• Chairs monthly Pre-Demand Review meetings with Product Management, Demand Management, Finance, and Customer & Business Insights.
• Understands forecast key sales drivers, risks and opportunities. Keeps abreast of pharmaceutical industry, therapeutic area, and internal GSK developments, which could impact on forecast drivers.
• Presents forecasts to internal customers, including Product Management, VP Marketing, and Business Unit Heads, using effective oral, written, presentation, and data analysis skills.
• Develops effective working relationships and regular productive communication with business partners/stakeholders: Product Management, Finance, Demand Management, and Customer & Business Insights.
• Share learning's from special projects with the rest of the department. Defines and pursues personal development goals.
• Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends most appropriate techniques to use for developing a forecast- epidemiology, demand study, or analog based.
• Evaluates and recommends most appropriate sources for forecast model inputs, including epidemiology sources, prescription and prescriber databases, primary and secondary research, and scientific literature.
• Participates in the design of required market research studies to validate forecast assumptions, architecture, and patient populations in a given disease area.
• Identifies, analyzes, applies and adopts a variety of analogs, benchmarks and order of entry models to formulate forecast assumptions.
• Responsible for development of US Sales Forecasts across a portfolio of in-line products which may span more than one therapeutic area.
- Responsible for accurate, defensible forecasts with multiple scenarios.
- Responsible for delivering forecasts on time to meet key decision points.
• Work product may impact marketing resource prioritization decisions and drive strategic investment decisions.
• Inaccurate forecasts could result in significant missed opportunities, missed financial commitments, inappropriate resourcing, or sales lost due to production shortages.
• Accountable for forecasts for a portfolio of products with annual sales in excess of $500 mm.
• Review project outcomes and recommendations with supervisor.
• Deals with continuously changing variables and makes assumptions based on incomplete datasets; able to incorporate changes swiftly into forecast models.
• Addresses challenge from Product Management and Business Unit Heads on forecast assumptions.
• Develops forecasts for multiple, diverse disease areas.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.