Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Corporate Functions Senior Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst provides analytical support and process leadership to the Corporate Finance Team. This individual will be responsible for partnering with Functional leaders and reporting, managing and planning expenses and capital expenditures for financial forecasts, operating plans and long range planning. In addition this person will own the Corporate capital process. The FP&A analyst supports due diligence work related to investment analytics and other strategic initiatives. Reports to
: Corporate Finance LeaderSpan of Control
: Shared Services A2R Subject Matter Expert (SME)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIESInfluence the performance of the Corporate Function.
Create accurate forecasts while managing clear, controlled reporting and analysis.
- Tell the near and long-term story of Corporate spending to internal stakeholders.
- Provide decision support through financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting.
- Gather, compile, analyze, prepare and summarize data for complex financial projects/subjects
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to ensure achievement of targeted financial performance.
- Exercise judgment to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendations based on sound financial analysis.
- Participate in the development of strategic and operational objectives that are aligned to Corporate and Company strategic objectives.
- Drive the proliferation of usage and analysis using BPC and the Business Information system as a "power user."
Communicate financial performance clearly and with impact
- Lead financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for assigned corporate function(s)..
- Monitor the monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team and Shared Services.
- Provide in-depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year.
- Drive group forecasting process through collaboration.
- Provide risk analysis for contingency planning.
- Provide insightful analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making.
- Apply external perspective and knowledge to current environment.
- Meet monthly reporting timelines and needs.
Work across the Company and Corporate Functions to better the finance function
- Provide concise and effective reporting of financial results in a timely manner.
- Translate the strategic and operational plans into communications to a broad based audience.
Maintain an effective financial controls environment
- Live the Safety stand, adhering to safety responsibilities.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of systems, tools, and methodologies.
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders by teaching financial acumen and business information concepts to ensure that financial based decision-making occurs throughout the corporation.
- Support the process of ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.).
- Maintain a clear tone regarding business conduct, ethics, the law and financial controls.
- Solve controls issues at the "root cause" and create broad organizational learning.
- Raise all issues of significant risk and non-compliance to the Corporate Finance Leader.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A minimum of 5 years of finance and analytical acumen.
- Costing principles, understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics, principles of cost control/management is required.
- Progressive financial analysis experience in a manufacturing/corporate environment.
- Demonstrated process focused and organized work style.
- Functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements.
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action.
- Experience with SAP, Business Objects, and Business Explorer or similar systems required.
- Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles.
About Owens Corning
- Strong financial and analytical acumen.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions.
- Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions.
- Effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions.
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages.
- Must be a self-starter, be an active participant on teams, and proactively meet with internal or external customers to meet their needs.
- Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately.
- Must be able to respond easily and quickly to shifting priorities.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action.
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas.
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms.
- Gets others to open up, offer information, and share points of view.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology