Must be Eligible to work W2 (No C2C)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer at one of San Diego's premier IT companies. Come join a company utilizing cutting edge technology to build highly visible software products.
This customer is looking to hire SR level developers for their team responsible for the Customer Experience and the Help function on their website.
Customers will login to this product and seek help from Experts to file their documents. Document exchange, Notifications and interaction via Video/Audio are some of the features.
* Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning.
* Designing/developing web, software, prototypes, or proofs of concepts.
* Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems.
* Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
* Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
* Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results.
* Contribute to the design and architecture of the project.
* Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies, Automation and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
* 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
* BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
* Strong experience with any of the following Object Oriented Languages (OOD):
* Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* 2+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST and SOAP
* Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
* Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Excellent Java EE background. Experience in Ruby is a plus
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.